- 8 oz. chopped milk chocolate
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- shredded coconut, chocolate sprinkles, cocoa powder
- Fill a pot with 2″ of water and heat until boiling.
- Set a metal bowl on top of the pot so it is not touching the water.
- Melt the chocolate in the bowl. Add the heavy cream and stir until well mixed.
- Set the bowl off the heat and let cool. After 1 hour, place in the fridge overnight.
- Using a spoon, scrape a few tablespoons of chocolate at a time and shape into a ball.
- Cover the truffle in shredded coconut, cocoa powder, chocolate sprinkles, or any other topping.
- Refrigerate the truffles until ready to eat.
Wine Pairing: Ampelidae Marigny-Neuf Pinot Noir
I paired the milk chocolate truffles with a medium-bodied Pinot Noir. This smooth, easy-to-drink, light red pairs well with milk chocolate. It is dry enough to balance out the sweetness of the truffles, but fruity enough to taste light and easy to drink. A light bodied, fruity Pinot Noir pairs well with the smooth, sweetness of milk chocolate.